Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

A word or theme for the coming year?


After a year of goal oriented effort, a move and big life transitions, it is time to regroup and keep retirement from being somewhat boring!

For this coming year I picked a theme for the year that translates into three words.

My 2018 ABCs: Adventure, Beauty and Comfort

Adventure means to venture further afield in my local area, to try new things, make new friends, and to have at least one travel adventure. I wold love to wake each morning feeling like the day was going to be an adventure.

Beauty reminds me that I really enjoy visual and sound beauty. I need more time viewing art, going to the theatre, live music performances and being in nature. I also want my clothing and home to be beautiful to me and try to be a beautiful person to others in all meanings of the word.

Comfort is both comforting and comfortable. What is comforting is deep and loving companionship, being comfortable in body and mind, good food, etc. Comfortable is to remind myself not to put up with uncomfortable things (shoes that don't feel good, poor lighting, etc.). It also means I need to feel comfortable as I try new things and spend time with new people.

Now to work on how this will all translate into a year of life!

Do you have a theme or word to set your intention for the coming year?

8 comments:

  1. Debra, this year I hope to relax, listen, and stay open to God's plans for my life. I'm so grateful to be healthy, again, and I don't want to miss out on a single thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Juhli, for addressing my comment incorrectly! That's what I get for trying to stay up to greet 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Happy New Year and I'm up early to go see the Rose Parade.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, you've got me thinking, and the word that pops into my mind is: Intention. To do the things that are important to me, and let the other things go by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ABCs - a recipe for a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like your B and C. Often times, I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of the day to day, I forget to notice the beauty in my little corner of the world. Want to do better about that this year.
    And I am all about cozy!
    My word is peace. I want to end my teeth clinching and grinding once and for all. I want to be more relaxed, to fall asleep without having my hands balled in fists with anxiety. We'll see how I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this year brings you to where you want to be Leslie. Tension, stress and anxiety are so exhausting.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 12 - Spring is here and so are bugs

Welcome to Spring!  It was a nice sunny and warm week so we took a scenic drive exploring parts of Berkeley near the campus and the hills be...